Meet the Economists
- Ph.D., Economics, London School of Economics, 2008
- M.A., Economics, London School of Economics, 2003
- Monetary Policy and Corporate Debt Structure
- Financial Constraints and Aggregate Productivity
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2018 - present
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2016 - 2018
Visiting Assistant Professor
Boston University2014 - 2016
Universitat Pompeu Fabra2008 - 2016
Barcelona Graduate School of Economics2009 - 2016
Investment Banking Analyst
Goldman Sachs2000 - 2002
- Palomino, Francisco, Stephen Paolillo, Ander Perez-Orive, and Gerardo Sanz-Maldonado (2019). "The Information in Interest Coverage Ratios of the US Nonfinancial Corporate Sector," FEDS Notes 2019-01-10. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ippolito, Filippo, Ali K. Ozdagli, and Ander Perez-Orive (2018). "The Transmission of Monetary Policy through Bank Lending: The Floating Rate Channel," Journal of Monetary Economics, vol. 95, pp. 49-71.
- Caggese, Andrea, and Ander Pérez-Orive (2017). "Capital Misallocation and Secular Stagnation," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-009. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ippolito, Filippo, Ali K. Ozdagli, and Ander Perez-Orive (2017). "The Transmission of Monetary Policy through Bank Lending: The Floating Rate Channel," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-026. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kumbhat, Ashish, Francisco Palomino, and Ander Perez-Orive (2017). "The Potential Increase in Corporate Debt Interest Rate Payments from Changes in the Federal Funds Rate," FEDS Notes 2017-11-15. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Pérez-Orive, Ander (2016). "Credit Constraints, Firms' Precautionary Investment, and the Business Cycle," Journal of Monetary Economics, vol. 78, pp. 112-131.
- Acharya, Viral, Heitor Almeida, Filippo Ippolito, and Ander Perez (2014). "Bank Lines of Credit as Contingent Liquidity: A study of Covenant Violations and Their Implications," Working Paper Series 1702. European Central Bank.
- Acharya, Viral, Heitor Almeida, Filippo Ippolito, and Ander Perez (2014). "Credit Lines as Monitored Liquidity Insurance: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, vol. 112, no. 3, pp. 287-319.
- Ippolito, Filippo, Ali K. Ozdagli, and Ander Perez (2013). "Is Bank Debt Special for the Transmission of Monetary Policy? Evidence from the Stock Market," Working Papers 13-17. Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Ippolito, Filippo, Ali Ozdagli, and Ander Pérez-Orive (2013). "Is Bank Debt Special for the Transmission of Monetary Policy? Evidence from the Stock Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 9696. Centre for Economic Policy Research.
- Pérez-Orive, Ander (2011). "Optimal Monetary Policy in an Estimated DSGE Model with Financial Frictions: Comment," Moneda y Credito, no. 232, pp. 333-337.
- Pérez-Orive, Ander (2010). "Credit Constraints, Firms' Precautionary Investment, and the Business Cycle," Economics Working Papers. Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, no. 1237.
- Gai, Prasanna, Sujit Kapadia, Stephen Millard, and Ander Pérez-Orive (2008). "Financial Innovation, Macroeconomic Stability and Systemic Crises," Economic Journal, vol. 118, no. 527, pp. 401-426.
AEA (San Francisco), Macro Finance Society Conference, NBER Summer Institute 'Macro, Money and Financial Frictions' (scheduled)
FRB of NY/NYU Stern Conference on Financial Intermediation, FRB conference on "Monetary Policy Implementation and Transmission"
Green Line Macro Meeting (Boston University), Adam Smith Asset Pricing Conference (LSE), FIRS (Iceland), Econometric Society World Congress
Federal Reserve Board
AEA, SED, CREI Asset Prices and the Business Cycle Workshop
7th Winter Finance Conference on Financial Intermediation), Fifth Boston University/Boston Fed Conference on Macro-Financial Linkages
University of Oxford, Queen Mary, Cass Business School, Boston University
NBER Monetary Economics SI, NBER Corporate Finance SI, ESSFM (Gerzensee), 16th DNB Research Conference, UNC CFEA Conference 2013
6th Winter Finance Conference on Financial Intermediation, 4th Joint French Macro Workshop, IV Workshop on "Individual Behavior and Economic Outcomes"
Barcelona GSE II Conference on "Asset Prices and the Business Cycle", and I conference on "Financial Intermediation, Risk and Liquidity Management"
University of Illinois, Boston Fed, Bank of Spain, Bilkent University
European Central Bank
Lamfalussy Fellowship from the ECB-CFS Research Network
Eastern Finance Association
Paul Van Arsdell Award - Best paper in Corporate Finance
Treasury of the Government of Spain
Juan de la Cierva Fellow
Banco Herrero Foundation Research Grant
London School of Economics
FMG Gilbert de Botton Award in Finance Research – 1st Runner-up
Fundacion Rafael del Pino
Fundacion Rafael del Pino Scholarship
Fundacion Ramon Areces
Fundacion Ramon Areces Scholarship
2011-2015 | Barcelona, Spain
CREI-CEPR-Barcelona GSE "Asset Prices and the Business Cycle"
- Journal of Monetary Economics
- Journal of Financial Intermediation
- Management Science
- Moneda y Crédito
- Journal of the European Economic Association
- The Financial Review
- Journal of Banking and Finance
- SERIEs Journal of the Spanish Economic Association