Meet the Economists
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Michigan, 2004
- B.A., Economics, Columbia University, 1996
- Chinese Economy
- Potential Growth in Emerging Market Economies
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2018 - present
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2011 - 2018
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2009 - 2011
U.S. Department of the Treasury - International Affairs2006 - 2009
New Mexico State University2004 - 2005
- Ahmed, Shaghil, Jasper Hoek, Steve Kamin, Ben Smith, and Emre Yoldas (2020). "The Impact of COVID-19 on Emerging Markets Economies Financial Conditions," FEDS Notes 2020-10-07. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hoek, Jasper, Steve Kamin, and Emre Yoldas (2020). "When is Bad News Good News? U.S. Monetary Policy, Macroeconomic News, and Financial Conditions in Emerging Markets," International Finance Discussion Papers 1269. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.)
- Ahmed, Shaghil, Ricardo Correa, Daniel A. Dias, Nils Gornemann, Jasper Hoek, Anil Jain, Edith Liu, and Anna Wong (2019). "Global Spillovers of a China Hard Landing," International Finance Discussion Papers 1260. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hoek, Jasper, Suzanne Duryea, David Lam, and Deborah Levison (2009). "Dynamics of Child Labor: Labor Force Entry and Exit in Urban Brazil," in Orazem, Peter F., Zafiris Tzannatos, and Guilherme Sedlacek eds., Child Labor and Education in Latin America. Hampshire, England: Palgrave Macmillan, pp. 69-86.
- Levison, Deborah, Jasper Hoek, David Lam, and Suzanne Duryea (2007). "Intermittent Child Employment and its Implications for Estimates of Child Labour," International Labour Review, vol. 146, no. 3-4, pp. 217-251.
- Hoek, Jasper (2006). "Life Cycle Effects of Job Displacement in Brazil," IZA Discussion Paper 2291. Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hoek, Jasper (2004). "Turnover Costs and Transition in the Brazilian Labor Market," Ph.D. dissertation, University of Michigan.
- Hoek, Jasper (2002). "Labor Market Institutions and Restructuring: Evidence from Regulated and Unregulated Labor Markets in Brazil," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 484. University of Michigan Stephen M. Ross Business School.
Federal Reserve System Macro Meetings
Discussion of "Common Fluctuations in OECD Budget Balances" by Christopher Neely and David Rapach
IZA-EBRD Conference on Labor Market Dynamics, Bologna, Italy
Does Labor Regulation Impede Adjustment to Product Market Reform?
William Davidson Institute - IZA Conference on Labor Market Dynamics in Emerging Market Economies, Costa Rica
Cyclical Worker Flows in Formal and Informal Labor Markets: Evidence from Brazil
Latin American and Caribbean Economic Association (LACEA) meetings, Montevideo, Uruguay
Labor Market Institutions and Restructuring in Brazil
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
Special Achievement Award
National Institute of Child Health & Development
Pre-doctoral Training Fellowship
Marjorie Deane Journalism Scholarship
National Institute on Aging
Pre-doctoral Training Fellowship (1999-2001)
University of Michigan
- Journal of Population Economics
- Research Affiliate, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA), Bonn, Germany