- Ph.D., Economics, University of Chicago, 2006
- M.A., Economics, Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro, 2000
- B.A., Economics, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, 1996
Current Research Topics
- Banking Supervision and Regulation
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- 2006 - present
Ibmec Business School - Rio de Janeiro
- 2008 - 2009
- Rezende, Marcelo, and Mary-Frances Styczynski (2015). "The Effects of Liquidity Regulation on Participation in the Term Deposit Facility," FEDS Notes 2015-06-19. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Firestone, Simon, and Marcelo Rezende (Forthcoming). "Are Banks' Internal Risk Parameters Consistent? Evidence from Syndicated Loans," Journal of Financial Services Research.
- Bassett, William F., and Marcelo Rezende (2015). "Relation between Levels and Changes in Lending Standards Reported by Banks in the Senior Loan Officer Opinion Survey on Bank Lending Practices," FEDS Notes 2015-01-16. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Matoso, Rafael, and Marcelo Rezende (2014). "Asymmetric Information in Oil and Gas Lease Auctions with a National Company," International Journal of Industrial Organization, vol. 33, pp. 72-82.
- Rezende, Marcelo (2014). "The Effects of Bank Charter Switching on Supervisory Ratings," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-20. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Rezende, Marcelo (2011). "How do Joint Supervisors Examine Financial Institutions? the Case of State Banks," in Eijffinger, Sylvester, Donato Masciandaro eds., Handbook of Central Banking, Financial Regulation and Supervision After the Financial Crisis. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, pp. 531-572.
- Rezende, Marcelo (2010). "The Effects of Accountability on Higher Education," Economics of Education Review, vol. 29, pp. 842-856.
- Ferreira, Daniel, and Marcelo Rezende (2007). "Corporate Strategy and Information Disclosure," RAND Journal of Economics, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 164-184.
Last update: July 20, 2015