July 26, 2010
Board seeks nominations for appointments to Consumer Advisory Council
For immediate release
The Federal Reserve Board on Monday announced that it is seeking nominations for appointments to its Consumer Advisory Council.
The Council advises the Board on the exercise of its responsibilities under various consumer financial services laws and on other matters. Its membership represents the interests of consumers, communities, and the financial services industry. The group meets in Washington, D.C., three times a year.
The Board plans to appoint up to ten members for terms that will begin in January 2011. Appointments are typically for three years. However, the duration of members' terms may be subject to change pursuant to the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. The Board will continue to use the Council's advice and expertise during the implementation of the Act.
Nominations should include a résumé and the following information about nominees:
- full name, title, address, telephone and fax numbers, and email address;
- organization's name, brief description of organization, address, and telephone and fax numbers;
- past and present positions, dates, and descriptions of responsibilities;
- knowledge, interests, or experience related to community development and reinvestment, consumer protection regulations, consumer credit, or other consumer financial services; and
- positions held in community and banking associations and on councils and boards.
Nominations should also include the nominator's name, organizational affiliation, title, address, telephone and fax numbers, and email address. Individuals may nominate themselves.
Letters of nomination with complete information, including a résumé for each nominee, must be received by September 10, 2010. Nominations not received by September 10 may not be considered.
Electronic nominations are preferred. The appropriate form can be accessed at:
If electronic submission is not feasible, the nominations may be mailed (not faxed) to Joseph Firschein, Assistant Director and Community Affairs Officer, Division of Consumer and Community Affairs, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, Washington, DC 20551.
For further information, contact Jennifer Kerslake, Secretary of the Council, at (202) 452-6470.