Meet the Economists
- Ph.D., Financial Economics, Carnegie Mellon University, 2007
- M.S., Financial Economics, Carnegie Mellon University, 2005
- M.S., Computational Finance, Carnegie Mellon University, 2003
- B.S., Industrial Engineering, Universidad de los Andes, 1998
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2015 - present
Assistant Professor of Finance
University of Michigan2007 - 2015
Banco de la República1998 - 2002
- Gallmeyer, Michael, Burton Hollifield, Francisco Palomino, and Stanley Zin (2017). "Term Premium Dynamics and the Taylor Rule," Quarterly Journal of Finance, vol. 7, no. 4.
- Hsu, Alex, Francisco Palomino, and Charles Qian (2017). "The Decline in Asset Return Predictability and Macroeconomic Volatility," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-050. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kumbhat, Ashish, Francisco Palomino, and Ander Perez-Orive (2017). "The Potential Increase in Corporate Debt Interest Rate Payments from Changes in the Federal Funds Rate," FEDS Notes 2017-11-15. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Dittmar, Robert F., Francisco Palomino, and Wei Yang (2016). "Leisure Preferences, Long-Run Risks, and Human Capital Returns," Review of Asset Pricing Studies, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 88-134.
- Hsu, Alex, Erica X.N. Li, and Francisco Palomino. (2016). "Real and Nominal Equilibrium Yield Curves: Wage Rigidities and Permanent Shocks," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-032. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hsu, Alex, and Francisco Palomino (2015). "A Simple Nonnegative Process for Equilibrium Models," Economics Letters, vol. 132, pp. 39-44.
- Li, Erica X. N., and Francisco Palomino (2014). "Nominal Rigidities, Asset Returns, and Monetary Policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, vol. 66, pp. 210-225.
- Palomino, Francisco (2012). "Bond Risk Premiums and Optimal Monetary Policy," Review of Economic Dynamics, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 19-40.
- Gallmeyer, Michael F., Burton Hollifield, Francisco J. Palomino, and Stanley E. Zin (2007). "Arbitrage-Free Bond Pricing with Dynamic Macroeconomic Models," Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis Review, vol. 89, no. 4, pp. 305-326.
Carnegie Mellon University
Alexander Henderson Award for Excellence in Economic Theory
Inquire UK and Inquire Europe - EFA
Best Doctoral Tutorial Paper Prize
Universidad de los Andes
Graduation with Honors
2008, 2009, 2012 | University of Michigan
Mitsui Finance Symposium on Financial Markets
- American Economic Review
- Economic Letters
- Journal of Banking and Finance
- Journal of Monetary Economics
- Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
- Management Science
- The Journal of Finance
- The Review of Economics and Statistics
- The Review of Financial Studies
- Review of Finance
- Revista Colombiana de Estadística
- Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics
- American Economic Association
- American Finance Association