Meet the Economists
Francois M. de Soyres
- Ph.D., Economics, Toulouse School of Economics, 2017
- M.Sc., Operations Research, Columbia University, 2011
- M.Sc., Industrial Engineering, Ecole Centrale Paris, 2011
Current Research Topics
- Global Value Chains
- International Trade and Macroeconomics
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2019 - present
World Bank2017 - 2019
- de Soyres, Francois, and Alexandre Gaillard (2019). "Increasing Business Cycles Synchronization: The Role of Global Value Chains, Market Power and Extensive Margin Adjustments," FEDS Notes 2019-12-13. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- de Soyres, François, and Alexandre Gaillard (2019). "Value Added and Productivity Linkages Across Countries," International Finance Discussion Papers 1266. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- de Soyres, François, Alen Mulabdic, and Michele Ruta (2019). "Common Transport Infrastructure: A Quantitative Model and Estimates from the Belt and Road Initiative," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8801. The World Bank.
- de Soyres, François, Alen Mulabdic, Siobhan Murray, Nadia Rocha, and Michele Ruta (2019). "How Much Will the Belt and Road Initiative Reduce Trade Costs?" International Economics, vol. 159, pp. 151-164.
- Dorrucci, Ettore, Vanessa Gunnella, Alexander Al-Haschimi, Konstantins Benkovskis, Francesco Chiacchio, François de Soyres, Benedetta Di Lupidio, Michael Fidora, Sebastian Franco-Bedoya, Erik Frohm, Katerina Gradeva, Paloma López-García, Gerrit Koester, Christiane Nickel, Chiara Osbat, Elena Pavlova, Martin Schmitz, Joachim Schroth, and Frauke Skudelny (2019). "The Impact of Global Value Chains on the Euro Area Economy," ECB Occasional Paper Series No. 221. European Central Bank.
- Arezki, Rabah, Lili Mottaghi, Andrea Barone, Rachel Yuting Fan, Amani Abou Harb, Omer M. Karasapan, Hideki Matsunaga, Ha Nguyen, and Francois de Soyres (2018). "A New Economy for the Middle East and North Africa," Middle East and North Africa Economic Monitor. The World Bank.
- de Soyres, François, Erik Frohm, Vanessa Gunnella, and Elena Pavlova (2018). "Bought, Sold, and Bought Again: The Impact of Complex Value Chains on Export Elasticities," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8535. The World Bank.
- Review of Economic Dynamics
- Review of Economic Studies
- European Economic Review
- International Economic Review
- International Economics
- Economic Research Forum
- Asian Survey
Last update: December 23, 2019