Meet the Economists
Sarena F. Goodman
- Ph.D., Economics, Columbia University, 2013
- A.B., Economics, Dartmouth College, 2005
- college access; intergenerational mobility;
- household finance
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2019 - present
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2016 - 2019
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System2013 - 2016
- Goodman, Sarena, Alvaro Mezza, and Alice Henriques Volz (forthcoming). "On Intergenerational Immobility: Evidence that Adult Credit Health Reflects the Childhood Environment," Economic Inquiry.
- Goodman, Sarena, and Alice Henriques Volz (forthcoming). "Attendance Spillovers between Public and For-Profit Colleges: Evidence from Statewide Variation in Appropriations for Higher Education," Education Finance and Policy.
- Goodman, Sarena, and Adam Isen (2020). "Un-Fortunate Sons: Effects of the Vietnam Draft Lottery on the Next Generation's Labor Market," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 182-209.
- Dettling, Lisa J., Sarena Goodman, and Jonathan Smith (2018). "Every Little Bit Counts: The Impact of High-Speed Internet on the Transition to College," The Review of Economics and Statistics, vol. 100, no. 2, pp. 260-273.
- Goodman, Sarena (2016). "Learning from the Test: Raising Selective College Enrollment by Providing Information," The Review of Economics and Statistics, vol. 98, no. 4, pp. 671-684.
- Goodman, Sarena, Peter Messeri, and Brendan O'Flaherty (2016). "Homelessness Prevention in New York City: On Average, It Works," Journal of Housing Economics, vol. 31, pp. 14-34.
- Goodman, Allen C., Joshua Goodman, Lucas Goodman, and Sarena Goodman (2015). "A Few Goodmen: Surname-Sharing Economist Coauthors," Economic Inquiry, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 1392-1395.
- Goodman, Sarena, Peter Messeri, and Brendan O'Flaherty (2014). "How Effective Homelessness Prevention Impacts the Length of Shelter Spells," Journal of Housing Economics, vol. 23, pp. 55-62.
- Goodman, Sarena, and Lesley J. Turner (2013). "The Design of Teacher Incentive Pay and Educational Outcomes: Evidence from the New York City Bonus Program," Journal of Labor Economics, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 409-420.
- Goodman, Sarena, and Lesley J. Turner (2011). "Does Whole-School Performance Pay Improve Student Learning?" Education Next, Vol. 11, no. 2.
- Goodman, Sarena, and Steve Ramos (2019). "Understanding Changes in Household Debt by Credit Risk Category: The Role of Credit Score Transitions," FEDS Notes 2019-06-27. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Goodman, Sarena, Adam Isen, and Constantine Yannelis (2018). "A Day Late and a Dollar Short: Liquidity and Household Formation among Student Borrowers," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2018-025. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Bulman, George, Robert Fairlie, Sarena Goodman, and Adam Isen (2016). "Parental Resources and College Attendance: Evidence from Lottery Wins," NBER Working Papers 22679. National Bureau of Economic Research.
- Goodman, Sarena, and Jeffrey Liebman (2008). "The Taxation of Social Security Benefits as an Approach to Means Testing," NBER Retirement Research Center Papers NB08-02. National Bureau of Economic Research.