Analytics Data Tables
The CRA Analytics Data Tables are curated and published by the Federal Reserve Board in support of the Board's CRA modernization analysis. The tables combine Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) data, Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) small business and small farm data, and manually extracted data from CRA performance evaluations. Bank attributes (e.g., deposits, branching, demographic, etc.) and other third party vendor data supplement the data tables.
There are four main CRA data tables:
- Retail Loan Table presents HMDA Loan Application Register (LAR) and CRA small business and small farm data for depository institutions aggregated at the year, bank, and county level for years 2005 through 2017. The table contains loan counts and amounts for originations and purchases, which can be inside or outside assessment areas by borrower or tract income.
- Performance Evaluation (PE) Table presents hand-collected CRA performance evaluation data aggregated at the exam period, bank, and assessment area level for years 2005 through 2017. The table contains test ratings, exam periods, and community development loan counts and amounts, where available.
- Merged Data Table is the joined Retail Loan Table and PE Table.
- Assessment Area (AA) Definitions Table shows assessment area geographic data from the PE Table and CRA small business and small farm data.
- CRA Analytics Data Tables (.zip)
- User Guide for the CRA Analytics Data Tables (PDF)
- Data Dictionary Documentation for the CRA Analytics Data Tables (.zip)
To submit a question or feedback, please fill out our feedback form. To ensure that your question is properly routed, please select the Community Reinvestment Act as the "staff group" and select no other options above the field labeled "Type your message."